3 Major Phases of Mobile Software Development Lifecycle
Usually, mobile software development lifecycle (mobile SDLC) has 5 stages of its process. There are: inception, design, development, stabilization and deployment. However, the most specific aspects of mobile SDLC can be described within 3 major phases in order to simplify this description.
Mobile apps market shows its rapid growth in every single country of the world. There are still a lot of computer games, but business apps keep up with them and show positive dynamics. In the nearest future, every company is going to present their product or service not only with its website, but also with its own mobile app as means of traffic and profit.
What to begin with when speaking about mobile software development lifecycle?
Today’s market of mobile apps development has a wide range of possibilities and options. ThwA professional Adoriasoft team is ready to offer you a custom mobile app with a choice of different development methodology. The traditional waterfall methodology is more and often replaced my agile methodology. Adoriasoft usually implements a SCRUM one. Anyway, when a client chooses among mobile developers, he should pay attention to a supplier’s expertise, portfolio and its specific cases, availability of project managers. And, of course, he should pay attention to QAs, along with a required technopark, information security, and legal agreement.
Agile methodologies have the main principle of a client active engagement into the development process and team collaboration. However, a client should also know some starting points of any mobile app development.
Here are some of the starting points of any mobile app development:
- The native mobile app is made using programming languages that are adapted to defined Android or iOS platform. This lets them install and execute quickly, fully interact with gadgets technical capabilities and do not depend on the internet connection. Usually, its price is higher as a matter of a strategic decision.
- In order to build a cross-platform mobile app, certainly, you should do it on several platforms together. A cross-platform development instruments don’t use HTML5, but third-parties programming languages, in order to compile it then into a native app. Cross-platform development is suitable for not custom projects and can be efficient and less costly.
Aside from technical specifications, it is reasonable to mention the typical variety.
We can define the most mobile apps into the following groups:
- Entertaining (games, processing of images, audio and video files)
- Helpers (wellness, fitness apps, search tools etc)
- Social networks
- I-commerce (solutions with in-app purchases)
- Enterprise mobile apps (intranet control systems, business-process automation tools)
Each of the mentioned above, has its own advantages and limitations, monetization models and conversion potential. In order to make a right choice, the first step should be to consult a business-analyst and technical expert. They will be able to conduct a proper audit and provide all the recommendations.
Mobile software development lifecycle
Most of the Adoriasoft projects are maintained within SCRUM method, which lets to implement a project consistently (step by step with lengthy approvals for extra costs). However, the method is flexible – with parallel tasks execution in order to run a ready project quickly and within a defined budget. By the way, the development can be divided into three phases:
1. Phase of preparation
- Technical requirements documentation. This is a quite quick step for typical solutions. However, it but might need more time for something unique. If clients plan to monetize their apps in future than they should involve a business-analytics for the market monitoring. A market expert is also needed for the efficient brand development strategy and target audience engagement.
- UX development is a writing of user’s behavior scenarios, app navigating tracks and features. A usability expert, in his turn, can give recommendations. Important to realize, that the recommendations will, dramatically, decrease the number of re-work.
- Prototype creation of navigation elements, lists, buttons for future linking by main app code
- Deeper design development
This phase requires project manager, UX-expert, and designer.
2. Construction and testing
- Development of app core functional
- Server-side functional, API and testing
- Teaching client’s team how to use server-side functions
- Design implementation
Here, a project will need its manager, designer, Android/iOS developer, server-side and API developer, QA-engineer.
3. Release and launch
- Filling content
- Testing (most of the phase time)
- Bugs fixing
- Publishing to Mobile apps marketplaces (Google Play and App Store)
A final stage, usually, has to be done by a project manager, Android/iOS developer, server-side and API developer, QA-engineer.
The summary information of mobile software development lifecycle can be presented as a list of the following requirements:
- Skilled team
- Detailed brief (and debrief)
- Business audit
- Agree on the scope of work, deadlines, budget, and rates
- Maintain the ongoing collaboration between a client and software development team
By the way, you may also need some info for promoting your future project. Especially for you, we’ve created an ultimate guide on how to promote mobile apps.
Also, if you need any help with launching your own mobile app, don’t hesitate to contact our support team. Moreover, we will also provide you with free estimation of your project.